All About Pharmacy
Everyone at one stage or another in life will rely on a prescribed medication or product to help with a health condition. Whether it's for you or a family member you'll want to find the right medicine for the right price – at the most convenient location. UC Blue & Gold pharmacy benefits include several convenient and cost-effective ways to purchase medications. Get all the details here about medications, pharmacies, and authorization.
- Choose generic drugs when possible
- Use our mail order pharmacy for maintenance prescription drugs.
Mail order and UC/CVS walk-up pharmacies
Get a three-month supply of your prescription for the price of two co-payments, available three ways:
- UC walk-up pharmacy
- CVS retail pharmacy
- CVS Caremark mail order pharmacy
The CVS Caremark® website offers you the ability to check the status or balance of an order, request a prescription transfer from a retail pharmacy, update personal information, and pay for your order online all within a secure portal.
Our preferred mail order service allows you to:
- Order up to a 90-day supply of drugs.
- Enjoy free standard shipping, safely and discreetly to your door.
- Save time and make fewer trips to the pharmacy.
- Set-up auto refill and renew mail order service at no extra cost.
You may order your medication one of the following ways:
- By phone – Have your doctor call in a new prescription to the mail order pharmacy at 800-378-5697 or fax to 800-378-0323.
- Online – Register or log in to Health Net. Click How can we help you today? Under My Prescriptions, click on Mail Order drugs and follow the instructions to request a new prescription.
- By mail – Download, print and submit this CVS Caremark Mail Order form:
Get your FREE blood glucose meter for UC Health Net members
Find out how you can get your FREE blood glucose meter.
Check first with your doctor, diabetes educator or pharmacist to find out which meter is right for you. Then, take advantage of this offer by calling one of the following telephone numbers. A new meter will be mailed to you at no charge. Call to get your blood glucose meter and start paying lower copays on test strips, right away!
- For an Abbott Diabetes Care meter, call toll-free: 866-224-8892
- For a OneTouch® meter, call toll-free: 855-872-6391