Behavioral Health - MHN
Health Net's behavioral health partner, Managed Health Network (MHN) is the administrator of UC Blue & Gold HMO's behavioral health benefits. Behavioral health benefits are medically-necessary mental health services as well as treatment for substance use disorder. By having medical and behavioral services integrated under Health Net, we want to ensure you and your covered family members receive more seamless, quality care.
To find out if your participating masters level clinician (or therapist), psychologist or psychiatrist is contracted:
- Visit the MHN website for the most up-to-date listing OR
- Contact MHN at 1-800-663-9355, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Pacific time
Continuity of Care
If you, or a covered family member, are currently receiving behavioral health treatment, and your provider is not contracted with MHN, there are actions you can take to ensure you can continue to receive uninterrupted care.
- Speak with your provider about joining the MHN network. Providers interested in contracting with MHN should contact MHN Provider Relations.
- Find a new masters level clinician (or therapist), psychologist or psychiatrist by calling MHN at 1-800-663-9355, Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Pacific time, or by searching Find a Provider online.
You and your covered family members can use behavioral health benefits for medically necessary behavioral health services, as well as treatment for substance abuse.
- No prior authorization required for:
- Outpatient therapy or psychiatric care, whether delivered in person or via telehealth
- Prior authorization is required for:
- Intensive treatment programs delivered on an outpatient basis
- 24 hour in-patient treatment or residential care
- Applied Behavior Analysis for children with Autism Spectrum Disorder
Please refer to the Evidence of Coverage booklet for more details.
myStrength is an interactive wellness platform (web and app based) which provides self-management/self-care tools to improve health from a mind/body/spirit perspective.
Learn more about myStrength (PDF).
- UCLA Mindful Awareness Research Center (MARC) and Guided Meditation Podcasts. Each weekly podcast has a different theme and offers a new daily life practice, guided meditation, silent practice time, and closing comments.
- MHN – Self Help Articles & Tips on mental health, resilience and stress, eldercare, parenting, and more.
- 211 – available 24/7 for assistance finding food or basic needs
- 24-hour Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255 or text 838255
- 24-hour Domestic Violence Hotline: 1-800-799-7233 or https://www.thehotline.org/ (click Chat Now)
- Disaster Distress Helpline: 1-800-985-5990 (TTY 800-846-8517) or text TalkWithUs to 66746
- Crisis Text Line: Text HOME to 741741 for 24/7 crisis support
- National Parent Helpline 1-855-427-2736 - Monday-Friday 10:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m. Pacific time
- Substance Use
- SAMHSA National Helpline: 1-800-662-HELP
- Mental Health